I was hideously late, PinPin was hideously late, but because everyone else was just plain late, so that even us out to be just nicely late. We had along with us a guest from Australia, Simon Wells who would be in Singapore till March 7. The plan was simple; unicycle track 15 and eat at Rémi's house a crepe lunch at the end. People who attended (fie on the rest who didn't come!) were Cek, me, Simon, Kailun, Marvin, PinPin and Rémi of course.
Notable mention: PinPin was practically a hiker this time round.
The initial part was disarming. The road gave a false impression that the rest of the ride was that easy. But nuh-uh. Gradually, after the upslope, there were gravel at first, then there was dirt. Then mud, then tree trunks and dead antelopes in the way. We had to evade killer bees and the Yeti.
See? To all who didn't come. You missed such a great adventure. Now you'll never know what truly happened.
There was the dirt jump area. Obviously, none of us jumped. Kailun did try to hop/jump and kinda succeeded. Which meant that he failed. But it was impressive stuff still. Simon impressed us further with freestyle on grass. Pirouettes on grass? Handwalking on grass? Tricks-I-don't-know-the-names on grass? Insane.
And we all tried the steep slope. Cek almost did half of the steep downslope, and almost half of the upslope. He claims 2 halves make a whole then.
Anyway. Skip to the crepe party. So when we arrived, Theng Huat (who?) and Jeff were already there. Awesome. They came to get to the chips and guacamole dips before us. All of us took a lift to get to the second floor. Typical us. Then, Huifang who was there too probably felt that to draw the main crowd she'd have to break out magic, and set the crepe machine thing out. And abracadabra! Suddenly people started arriving, except for Geoffrey, who got lost, of course, and broke up a nice couple by having them quarrel when he asked for directions.
(possible re-enactment)
Geoff: Er, how do I get to block 154?
Couple (M): It's that way (points)
Couple (F): No it's the other way (points)
Couple (M): No you idiot, it's obviously this way!
Couple (F): No you dumbass, it's that way I LIVE HERE
Couple (M): Like I don't??? Women and their directions, can't be trusted.
Couple (F): Oh yea? And you think you're so great? You chauvinistic pig.
Couple (M): You... woman!
Couple (F): Fine! Let's break up! End of relationship! (storms off)
Couple (M): Fine! (troops off)
(Geoffrey is left behind, still without directions)
Hand me my awards please.
Geoffrey wore very cute socks. They have individual 'compartments' for each toe, each brightly colored. Probably just in case he needed to know how many toes he had left still and wanted to count them with ease.
So the crepes were broken out. By then, Marvin and wife and daughter were there, Siyong was there, Kee was there and for a while, Jiahui came but I shall talk about that later.
Some of the crepes that were created were:
Of course I had my special crepes.
Nutella/Milo Powder/Sugar
Butter/Bacon/Bak kwa/Cheese/Blue cheese/Random bits of oily something
All the cheese you can find
Scrambled eggs/a clumsy Jeff armed with herbs/who spills it all over the scrambled eggs
Also, the Ah Peks Bak Kwa Grilling Association reported a sudden appearance of a young(ish) competitor who was grilling bacon without their express permission. 593645023 jobs have been reported to be lost as a result of such reckless action.
Cek was drunk. Haha. And he was rather fascinated by the National Geographic spider soft toy.
Jiahui appeared only to outdo my specials with her special and did
Everything weird you can add
And left almost was quickly as she came.
And the highlight of the cooking session was definitely setting the crepes on fire. Rémi can now have a sideline setting crepes on fire, I mean making crepe suzettes. I can so see the headlines now:
"Rémi, crepe arsonist, sets yet another one on fire! Families of related crepes weep"
Yea and we watched some pretty cool unicycling videos, because unicyclist can only watch unicycling videos and nothing else. We're sad people =(
1 comment:
I particularly enjoyed experimenting with some crepes suzettes. However I'm not sure they deserved their name as I haven't really followed the recipe.
I would rather called them "the holly crepes". some drops of Chartreuse helps to enlighten a bit as it is brew by some monks from France.
Post a Comment